Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Projects

The easiest sweater in the world. Knitted in Rowan All Seasons Cotton, in the round. I saw it on soulemama.com and thought the pattern would suit my project better than the previous pattern I had identified for the yarn (though still totally cute pattern - I just need fingerling weight yarn). It is sooo easy I want to knit one in purple - maybe she'll be more excited to wear it?!!

Birthday projects - cousin's birthdays! Having started up with knitting again at the beginning of this year, and also picking up sewing again, (actually sewing more than I ever have in the past) has meant an added cost to our cash flow, which is not always a good thing. I guess I am justifiying some of the expense in the money I am saving in gifting but then it limits what can be given and does not always suit the reciever...so I am looking for ways to limit the expense. I found one great, great, great tip on This Vintage Chica, where she used painters cloth as a table cloth. The yardage of canvas purchased compared to what it would cost at the fabric store is a significant savings! I thought it would work perfectly for these small bags - kidlet pattern from jennifer casa. I have lots of canvas left - and lots of ideas for using it, including a few more kidlet bags.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment