Monday, June 21, 2010

first storm

NOAA has predicted this hurricane season to be "a doozy". I never heard that term in my meterological classes but it doesn't sound good. Especially when the season lasts from June to November and more critically since we are now living in hurricane alley. This weekend was the first storm we've had and an early one for the season which according weatherunderground confirms the predictions about this hurricane season. It thundered, poured, blew and poured some more. So, not much different than Seattle from what I hear; weather that might normally cause me to cozy up to a cup of coffee. However, this rain and wind is quite different. It is so warm, I could almost (bar scaring the neighbors) take a shower outside in it. The air temp doesn't change much, even when the sun isn't shining. Loving the overcast skies though because it means we don't have to slather on the sunblock.








No comments:

Post a Comment