Thursday, March 4, 2010

radishes in the garden

I have been reading my Gardening in the Pacific Northwest garden book, a good reference for beginners like us. There isn't much about vegetable gardening (mostly landscaping) but it does have a section on what vegetable to plant each month. March had a handful of veggies - radishes and lettuce being two of them.
Now, I also have been reading this very very lovely book call Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg. She is a food writer and blogger based in Seattle (and cohost of the funny Spilled Milk radio show I have a link to on the right side of this page) Anyway in the book she has many great stories to tell and a recipe to go with each story. Yummy recipes, recipes I have never heard of but really want to try, adapted old standards. One recipe if I should call it that because it is so simple is for an appetizer served in France. Radishes served with a soft dollop of butter and a sprinkle of salt. It sounds crazy but I was so excited about this new way to serve a radish (well I should say another because the only way I know is cut up in my salad) and it sounds really good as do most things with butter on or in them. o the girls and I planted them and the radish should be ready in little over a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment