Monday, March 22, 2010

race day

My first 5k in a long long time. The last 5K, I was pushing a stroller, pregnant - not so smart. Today's performance was a far cry from the glory days to be sure. But, I figure running these days isn't about being what I once was or what other woman who are my age are: this race is about just about doing it and being as active as I can.
The other part is being an example. We had active examples in our parents and our kids deserve the same. Not that I have to race to demonstrate that exercise is important but this was a really fun family morning. I got to race, they got to cheer me on at points along the way. Maybe it adds another dimension to MOM. They even participated in a kiddy run...
And the nearby beach added another fun factor to the whole morning. Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment