Saturday, January 9, 2010

A tutorial

So finding my website might be a little difficult for you.

Maybe you feel like this babe does trying to find it.

Searching on Google doesn't always help if you don't remember that my blog link is blakeislandblog and not the title of my blog which is little blue house. I suppose I should change that.

However, this small inconsistency should not be an excuse for not checking in. Technology is your friend. You can bookmark or place a link on your desktop. However, even easier is that I have this nice little button at the top of the blog that says subscribe. You don't have to give me your information or anything like that, I really have very little idea of who looks at the site. Subscribing will allow you to receive a feed of my blog. What is a feed you ask? Well I have cut and paste some answers to your questions here:

What is a feed?
Feeds, also known as RSS feeds, XML feeds, syndicated content, or web feeds, contain frequently updated content published by a website. They are usually used for news and blog websites, but are also used for distributing other types of digital content, including pictures, audio or video. Feeds can also be used to deliver audio content (usually in MP3 format) which you can listen to on your computer or MP3 player. This is referred to as podcasting. (you will get a new feed each time I update the blog)

How do I subscribe to a feed?
Open up your internet browser
Go to the website that has the feed you want to subscribe to.
click Subscribe

Choose the feed format you want. Blogger supports: google, netvibes, myyahoo, newsgator, bloglines and Atom (which is what I use)
Click Subscribe.

How can I view my subscribed feeds?
If using IE, you view feeds on the Feeds tab in the Favorites Center. To view your feeds, click the Favorites Center button , and then click Feeds. I know Google and Yahoo have a feed section on your account profile.

Once you have subscribed to the feed, you can read the content on the feed, or you can link from the feed directly to the site to see the entire page content.



So give it a whirl if you haven't already. There are so many blogs out there that may entertain, inform or help you with questions you have.

I don't have plans to land on Facebook anytime soon, so if you are waiting for me to show up there - it might be awhile.

Enjoy and hope it helps.





No comments:

Post a Comment