Friday, May 8, 2009

Lunch at the Beach

First I wanted to document how many darn bags I walk out the door with for a day like today. After dropping C off at school the girls and I go to the YMCA. At the YMCA there are different rooms for different age kids (hence two diaper bags mentioned in a little bit). Then rather than come home after school for lunch, we'll head to the beach/park/friends house. Anyway, I have to figure out how to reduce this down from two bags to one. From left to right, back to front: diaper/potty training bag for B, gym bag, lunch cooler, beach bag, purse, diaper bag for M. After all of this packing and loading, I realized (halfway to school) that I forgot the backpack....at least it wasn't the tent for those of you who know the story.
Full moon coming up and we have a week of good low tides. So we'll spend time at the beach as along as the weather is good. We like the sandy beaches of course but I prefer to bring the kids to the less crowded rocky, drift-woody and SEAWEEDY beaches. That way I don't have to pack a bunch of toys and they spend more time exploring and less time arguing.
Yes that is seaweed. B did not like it which was a little unusual. Up to her knees (our ankles).
Rock climbing. Both were looking for octopuses. Little do they know octopuses don't care for the tidal zone much, but I wasn't going to tell them that. On our list of finds today: sea pens (I think that is the name - orange in color, super slimy), purple star fish, purple rock crabs, mussels, filtering barnacles, and a great blue heron.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment