Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Scouting Trip

Our first visit to Seattle Tilth. It was a scouting trip of sorts. I didn't have an agenda other than I had wanted to see what it was all about. I figured the kids wouldn't be too interested today but I was pleasantly surprised that the grounds have some interesting paths and plants that held their attention. There is little growth beyond winter veggies and a few spring blooms. Lots of composting tutorials, rain catchment ideas- and a green roof on the shed. Lots to look at and worth a return trip (trips!) once the garden growing season is in full force.

Another nice surprise was the playground and open fields right next door. I could imagine this place becoming a regular morning or afternoon destination.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment