Friday, December 4, 2009

Amelie


In the movie Amelie, Amelie (I think) steals her father's/neighbor/older person's garden gnome and takes him on a trip. Along the way she takes pictures of the gnome and then sends a postcard back to her father/neighbor/olderperson....who has been homebound for years. I have a little gnome in our house that traveled with his papa this past week to....San Deigo and saw a few sights (this is the shark tunnel at sea world which I understand was a little frightening) including Sea world, San Diego Zoo (where they JUST MISSED a baby giraffe being born), Wild animal park. Late nights until 10-11 pm playing with friends who live in town. Sounds like it was a great time.

Coronado bridge


...USS Midway. As a side note - all ships have a very distinct smell, like no other in the world. The smell is a concoction of fuel oil, salt air, paint, cleaning solutions and cafeteria food. Upon seeing this picture I could not only imagine myself, making sure not to bang my shins on the hatch's high thresholds and listening to the constant hum of underway life but I could SMELL the ship. Wow.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an awesome week -- fun for the boys. Did they make it to Lego Land?

    ReplyDelete